NZ Diploma in Computing Level 5. Duration of study – one academic year (10 months). Cost per year – 8000 NZD (5 400 USD).
About the Course
The National Diploma in Computing Level 5 is a New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) approved and accredited programme of study.
People who have achieved this qualification have the skills, knowledge and competence essential for entry-level employment in the computer industry.
People with this qualification have an introductory level of understanding of computer industry concepts and/or are able to work in areas of computing with the least technical complexity, for example user support or personal computer repair.
This qualification also provides opportunities for students to grapple with issues which are inherent in any business operation.
This qualification recognises readiness for further study in computing and related fields at higher diploma level, as well as for initial employment in the computer industry.
It provides a first qualification for people who are pursuing a career in the computer industry or related fields.
- IELTS overall band score of at least 5.5 (Academic), no individual band less than 5.0.
(Students must complete all of the following)
- DC500 Business Principles and IT Roles in Business
- DC510 Data Storage and Networking
- DC520 Hardware Components, Assembly & Software Installation
- DC530 Computer and Peripheral Repair
- DC540 Principles of Software Development & Programming
- DC550 Multi User Computer and Peripheral Repair
Following this Qualification
- Diploma in IT Level 6
- Diploma in IT (Business IT) Level 7
Graduates of this Diploma may pursue career opportunities in a wide range of entry level roles in areas of computing with the least technical complexity e.g., user support and personal computer repair.
[title size=”large”]LEAVE YOUR MESSAGE [/title]